Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Curried Shrimp Noodles - for Click

SN6 (2) This is one of most frequent method I follow to make noodles at home. It derived from the left over or kept aside curried shrimp. I don't like noodles if they retain there noodles smell(that raw vermicelli smell)in them. And those days when I didn't know to make any kind noodle dishes, the only way to take away the nooldes smell was to cook them with shrimp. So the aroma of shrimp would fill the dish and give it a real lift.
cn1 (2) SN3
Infact I never ate noodles before I was married. Somehow I thought they don't taste good. Then came these days in India where very street was infested with the noodles fast food points. And my hubby who is a huge fan of noodles forced me one day to try them and I began to like them. But even now they have to be Indianized. The best style of noodles I enjoy is the "Indian Hakka style mixed noodles".

collage1
My recipe here is complete with seafood and vegies. A perfect meal by itself. Enjoyed by all at home. All the three boys at home like shrimp and noodles. So can't ask for anything better.

I usually add the shrimp which are curried alreadly. Check for the Curried Tomatoe Shrimp recipe by clicking the shrimp bowl down here.
st1 (2) Ingredients:
1 Packet Egg Noodles cooked
1 lb Shrimp Curry or even plain shrimp will do.
2 tsp oil
5 garlic pods
1 big onion cut into breath-wise thin slices
3-5 green chilles cut into thin strips
1 cup each thinly sliced carrots, beans, brocolli, peppers,( add more vegies if desried)
2 - tsp Soy sauce
2 tbp tomatoe ketchup
Salt to taste
Finely chopped coriander leaves - a few
SN4 Procecure:
Add the noodles in the boiling water to cook them and then stain the water and keep aside.
Heat oil in a kadai, add chopped garlic, saute, add green chillies saute a till and then add the onions.
Saute the onions to coat them with the oil and the flavour of garlic and chilly.
Before the onions loose their crunchiness add all the vegies and strir fry them adding required salt.
Now add the Tomatoe shrimp Curry and fry it well the vegies.
If you don't have the pre-cooked shrimp tomatoe curry, you can add the raw shrimp and add 3 tbps of tomatoe paste and 1/2 tsp of chilly powder to substitute.
Now add the cooked strained noodles, more salt for the noodles, soy souce, and mix well.
Add the tomatoe ketchup mix again and then garnish with finely chopped coriander before removing from heat.
Curried Shrimp Noodles is ready to be served hot.

SN1 (2)
This goes to Bee & Jai of Jugalbandi for the Event - Click Noodles.
Not to compete and win any badges but just to participate.

Hope you like my Shrimp round up.

18 comments:

Sagari said...

hiiiii I am the first to comment lovelyy and beautiful post great entry for click

FH said...

I love the first photo Rina, very bright and sunny. Looks yum!:))

Kribha said...

Just beautiful and perfect entry for the event. Good luck for winning.

Laavanya said...

Nice pics. Rina...

Mansi said...

hey Rina! nice work with the noodles and the shrimp:) and just in time for the click deadline, right?:)

bee said...

thanks, rina, for a lovely entry.

Seema said...

Nice entry.. looks great. Good luck for winning!

vimmi said...

Beautiful entry But right now I want to eat it more than look at it.

Rina said...

Thanks all for your precious notes.

Tee said...

This looks delicious!!! I love shrimps but hardly get a chance to eat them as my husband is allergic...at least I can look at the pictures and satisfy my craving! :)

Rajitha said...

rina - the pics look really nice :)

sra said...

I'm all eyes for the bowl of shrimp there, Rina, it's really a good-looking dish!

Finla said...

Beautiful entry. I would love to have the whole plate. Why am i not living next door to you :-)

Lissie said...

rina, great looking shrimp noodles! very innovative... :) will definitely try this.

Rina said...

Rajitha, thanks,

Sra & Tee may my bowl feast your eyes,

Happy be happy if not next door you can see thru the window.

Lissie, its worth a try.

Rachel said...

Love the way you give importance to the pics as well.

Sig said...

Lovely pics Rina, it is a great idea to convert left over curries to noodles, the shrimp curry looks delicious...

Rina said...

Sig & Rachel Thanks.